Tyrannell was the manor house of the Aberannell estate until around 1889 when it passed to the church and was extensively refurbished to become the Vicarage for Eglwys Oen Duw. In 1971 it returned to use as a private residence and was named The Old Vicarage. It was bought in 1999 by the Cox family who named it Tyrannell, based on research suggesting this was the oldest name for the location.
The overall impression is of a Georgian mansion with Victorian modifications. The house is grade 2 listed and CADW gives an approximate construction date of the early 18th century but there are features of the design and layout that suggest the site has been occupied much longer than this.
Tyrannell Hospitality provides self-catering accommodation, stabling and residential courses.